*This service is performed by our family nurse practitioner.
Modern medicine as we know it today isn’t necessarily all that modern.
Case in point: If you blow out your ACL, your doctor would most likely recommend surgery, physical therapy, and drugs for pain management. Arthritis? Same. A wound that won’t heal? Learn to live with it and take drugs for the pain. More often than not, medicine today turns to surgery and drug therapy as a first line of treatment rather than as the last resort.
Regenerative medicine is changing all that. Instead of treating pain and injury with surgery, implants and drugs, regenerative medicine harnesses your body’s own ability to heal and boosts it in a very powerful and effective way.
The POWER of the BLOOD
As part of the body’s natural processes, platelets and other components in your blood migrate to a site of injury to aid in self-healing. By collecting these platelets and concentrating them at the site of an injury, you have the potential to enhance the body’s natural responses. Platelets are known to release a variety of factors that respond to injury, where they initiate and promote growth and healing.
What is Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)?
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is a solution of plasma and platelets where the platelet concentration is higher than whole blood.
- PRP does NOT include red blood cells (RBC) or white blood cells (WBC); which may have inflammatory and catabolic effects causing the opposite effect of a desired outcome.
- The ideal solution will be a golden, straw-like color, with plenty of healing properties.
Who Can Benefit from PRP Injections?
- Those suffering with Tendinitis, Joint Pain, Ligament/Muscular Strains or Sprains
- If you’ve already tried other forms of physiotherapy or steroid injections.
- If you need faster results than typical treatment.
Trigger Point Dry Needling
Trigger Point Dry Needling is a form of treatment for pain and movement impairments. The therapy works wonders to aid the body in releasing tight muscles, breaking down scar tissue and enhancing blood flow to the area.